§1950.2. Route of the Louisiana Great River Road
A. The west bank route of the Louisiana Great River Road, which is to be used as a route for the enjoyment of tourists, shall consist of:
(1) In East Carroll Parish, south on US Highway 65 from the Arkansas/Louisiana state line to the Madison Parish line.
(2) In Madison Parish, US Highway 65 south to the Tensas Parish line.
(3) In Tensas Parish, US Highway 65 south to the Concordia Parish line.
(4) In Concordia Parish, US Highway 65 south to Ferriday; LA 84 east from Ferriday to Vidalia; LA 131 south from Vidalia to LA 15; LA 15 south to Pointe Coupee Parish.
(5) In Pointe Coupee Parish, LA 15 south to LA 1; LA 1 south through New Roads to LA 416; LA 416 east to LA 415; LA 415 to West Baton Rouge Parish.
(6) In West Baton Rouge Parish, LA 415 becomes LA 986 to Port Allen; turn right on Rosedale Road, go two blocks and turn left on North Jefferson Street; proceed 11 blocks and turn left on Court Street; proceed four blocks to LA 986; proceed on LA 986 to Oaks Avenue; proceed on Oaks Avenue to Alexander Avenue; turn right, then left onto Avenue G; take Avenue G to LA 1; turn left on LA 1 to Beaulieu Lane, then Beaulieu Lane to LA 988; follow LA 988 through Brusly to Iberville Parish.
(7) In Iberville Parish, proceed on LA 988 to LA 1 in Plaquemine, heading south; turn left onto LA 75 and proceed to LA 405; take LA 405 through White Castle into Ascension Parish.
(8) In Ascension Parish, take LA 405 to LA 1 in Donaldsonville; proceed on LA 1 through Donaldsonville to LA 18; proceed on LA 18 into St. James Parish.
(9) In St. James Parish, proceed on LA 18 through Vacherie, passing under the Sunshine Bridge and into St. John Parish.
(10) In St. John Parish, proceed on LA 18 through Edgard and to St. Charles Parish.
(11) In St. Charles Parish, proceed on LA 18 through Hahnville, Luling, and Ama to Jefferson Parish.
(12) In Jefferson Parish, proceed on LA 18 through Waggaman to LA 541, continuing on LA 541 through Bridge City, passing under the US Highway 90 Mississippi River Bridge; continue on LA 541 through Marrero and Harvey, reconnecting to LA 18; proceed on LA 18 to LA 23 south to Plaquemines Parish.
(13) In Plaquemines Parish, proceed south on LA 23 to Belle Chasse, following LA 23 south to Venice.
B. The east bank route of the Louisiana Great River Road, which is to be used as a route for the enjoyment of tourists, shall consist of:
(1) In West Feliciana Parish, take LA 61 south through Laurel Hill, Wakefield, and St. Francisville to East Feliciana Parish.
(2) In East Feliciana Parish, take LA 61 south through Port Hudson to East Baton Rouge Parish.
(3) In East Baton Rouge Parish, proceed on US Highway 61 to Interstate 110 south through Baton Rouge, exiting at the Governors Mansion and Capitol Access Road; proceed to Capitol Lakes Avenue and turn left on Fifth Street; turn right onto Old Spanish Town Road; turn right onto North Third Street; turn left on Capitol Street Avenue, then left on River Road; proceed on River Road south to St. Phillip Street; turn right on St. Phillip Street and proceed to LA 30 and the LSU campus; at the football and baseball stadiums turn right on Skip Bertman Drive; proceed to River Road and turn left; follow River Road to Iberville Parish.
(4) In Iberville Parish, travel LA 327 south to LA 991; proceed on LA 991 to LA 75; proceed on LA 75 through Sunshine, St. Gabriel, and Carville to Ascension Parish.
(5) In Ascension Parish, proceed on LA 75 south through Geismar and Darrow where LA 75 turns into LA 942; proceed on LA 942 to Burnside where LA 942 turns into LA 44; continue on LA 44 south to St. James Parish.
(6) In St. James Parish, continue on LA 44 south under the Sunshine Bridge and through Union, Convent, and Gramercy, into St. John Parish.
(7) In St. John Parish, continue on LA 44 south past Veterans Memorial Bridge to Reserve and SR 636-3; proceed on SR 636-3 back to LA 44 through LaPlace to SR 628; continue on SR 628 through Gypsy to the St. Charles Parish line.
(8) In St. Charles Parish, continue on SR 628 through Montz to US Highway 61; proceed on US 61 across the Bonnet Carre Spillway to LA 48 at Norco; continue on LA 48 through New Sarpy, Destrehan, and St. Rose to the Jefferson Parish line.
(9) In Jefferson Parish, continue on LA 48 through Kenner and Harahan where LA 48 turns into Jefferson Highway; turn right on SR 3154, proceeding to Riverside Drive; take Riverside Drive under US Highway 90 Mississippi River Bridge into New Orleans and to the Orleans Parish line.
(10) In Orleans Parish, follow Riverside Drive through Tulane University to Magazine Street; take Magazine Street past the Audubon Zoo to Exposition Street; take Exposition Street to Tchoupitoulas Street; take Tchoupitoulas Street to Interstate 10 Mississippi River Bridge and cross the Mississippi River; take the Westbank Expressway west back into Jefferson Parish and exit LA 23 through Belle Chasse to the Plaquemines Parish line.
(11) In Plaquemines Parish, take LA 23 south through Belle Chasse to Venice.
Acts 2003, No. 969, §1.