CC 807     

Art. 807.  Right to partition; exclusion by agreement

No one may be compelled to hold a thing in indivision with another unless the contrary has been provided by law or juridical act.

Any co-owner has a right to demand partition of a thing held in indivision.  Partition may be excluded by agreement for up to fifteen years, or for such other period as provided in R.S. 9:1702 or other specific law.

Acts 1990, No. 990, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 1991; Acts 1991, No. 349, §1.