Skip Navigation Links
      CC 261     


Art. 261. Child born outside of marriage

            The father or mother who is entitled to the tutorship of the child born outside of marriage, according to the provisions of Article 256, can choose a tutor for him, whose appointment, to be valid, must be approved by the judge.

            Amended by Acts 1979, No. 607, §1; Acts 2016, No. 210, §1.

If you experience any technical difficulties navigating this website, click here to contact the webmaster.
P.O. Box 94062 (900 North Third Street) Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70804-9062